| ||Law Enforcement|
Peregrine Leadership Institute Solutions For:
The Peregrine Leadership Institute offers a number of facilitated workshops which can be specifically shaped for law enforcement organizations including city, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The Institute includes trained instructors with law enforcement credentials. We understand the unique environment in which law enforcement operations and we can work with you to ensure the highest level of professional service.
The following are our recommended services for Law Enforcement.
- Ethical Decision-Making. This course reviews several important tools that will assist individuals and organizations with evaluating ethical problems and providing key input into the decision-making process with regard to business ethics. Participants will become familiar with how to use ethical decision-making techniques with an emphasis on their practical application in the workplace.
- Developing Effective Working Relationships. This program will help the participant to learn and understand that effective working relationships contribute to a safe and productive work environment. The course focuses on effective communications, active listening, working more effectively with co-workers, resolving conflict, and dealing with change. The course uses scenario-based examples to facilitate discussions and provide a frame of reference for the participants.
- Active Listening. This course provides the participant with the ability and skills to improve communications with others. In active listening, the participants learn to listen for the feelings and content being expressed by the speaker. The program is designed to encourage active listening techniques to be used during team meetings, employee counseling, and other workplace communication situations.
- Effective Business Communications. With today’s highly technological, intense, and frequently hectic nature, law enforcement officials are often confronted with how best to manage their time and energies considering the impacts of cell-phones, e-mail, voice-mail, and other business communications tools. This course will help the participants better organize and manage their time and prioritize their work. The course also includes instruction on ways to improve written correspondence.
- Leadership Foundations. This 2-day workshop includes a comprehensive overview of leadership concepts, principles, and applications in the modern workplace. First we define leadership in today’s context then we develop a common frame of reference from which to discuss and evaluate leadership. We then apply the frame of reference towards understanding the critical skills and actions needed for effective leadership. We also stress the important of personal and organizational values in shaping the leader. Leadership Foundations also serves as a very good team building event.
- Supervisor Refresher. This 2 to 3-day course provides instruction on the role of the supervisor, employee relations, effective business communications, and direct-level leadership competencies. Course content also includes instruction on the responsibilities of supervision, the essentials of good leadership, communication processes, dealing with problem employees, and the role of the supervisor in continuous improvement. We will custom build this program to meet your specific needs and include your mission, values, and employee handbook requirements with the training.
Detailed descriptions of these items and our Course Catalog with descriptions for over 40 workshops, training sessions, and consulting solutions are available under Program Descriptions.
Visit our References page to see what others are saying about obtaining the Peregrine Advantage for their organization.
All of our training programs and workshops can be used for CEU requirements.
To learn more about how you can obtain the Peregrine Advantage for your organization, contact us today. We are ready to assist you now with all of your agency needs.
Peregrine Solutions Mean Continuous Improvement for Your Organization